Are you a community organisation that wants to be involved in Lewisham Borough of Culture 2022?
The Lewisham 2022 Creative Change Fund will empower local organisations and artists to lead their own activity as part of the Mayor of London’s Borough of Culture in Lewisham.
We are looking for community organisations or schools from across the borough who would be interested in pairing with an artist in applying for grants of up to £1,000 or £5,000 for projects that run during the first half of 2022.
The projects will connect with one or more of the themes for our Borough of Culture year which are:
- We will protect this place we love A call to action on the climate emergency
- We are strengthened by our diversity A celebration of our borough of sanctuary
- We will be happy here A commitment to building an inclusive society, working together to deliver change.
We are also interested in projects which would take place during our Opening Event on 28 January 2022.
If you are interested in being linked with an artist or creative on a project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 5 July.
· A few details about your organisation
· Your preferred type of creative project – examples listed below are just for inspiration… it is really up to you!
· If you already have creative people that you want to work with on the project – or if you want us to introduce you to creatives to support your project
· Where in Lewisham your project would take place
After Monday 5 July, The Lewisham Culture Team will work with you to find suitable creatives/artists to collaborate with if you need to be linked.
Examples of types of creative activity:
· Visual and performing arts (like music, dance and theatre)
· Filmmaking and film screenings
· Heritage projects
· Street art
· Digital art
· cultural events/festivals
· Literature, spoken word, reading groups
· Craft and making activities
· Choirs/singing groups
· Creative writing
· Greening projects that transform neglected spaces
Kind Regards ,
London Borough of Lewisham
London Borough of Culture 2022