Lewisham’s Ward Assemblies are beginning to look at ways Assembly meetings can be restarted. The Lewisham Central Councillor team is putting together a newsletter for their ward to share stories as a means of documenting what we have all been through, and to bring the community together (figuratively for the time being).
Your Lockdown Experience
Local amenity groups are being asked to collate a page or two of stories and experiences from local people. do consider submitting a short piece about your Lockdown experience.
Tell people about:
– Homeschooling and keeping children occupied,
– Being a keyworker and working through Lockdown;
– Rediscovering your garden or your bike;
– Volunteering with mutual aid groups;
– Supporting staff at Lewisham Hospital and local residential homes;
– Establishing a bubble and support networks to combat loss, isolation and loneliness.
We will look to represent a range of experiences. Please submit your piece to: Chair@ourhithergreen.com with your name, age, and a phone number.
Please keep your piece to 300 words and the deadline for submission is the evening of Sunday 13 June.
Pieces can be published anonymously as long as _we_ have your name and contact details. IMPORTANT: Please make this request clear at the beginning of your piece.
The newsletter will be printed and distributed to all of Lewisham Central ward.
The HGCA team look forward to hearing from you.