Spacehive: A Free Community Crowdfunding Workshop
This is an exciting workshop that will really help communities discover how to access this crowd funding platform
Projects funded by Spacehive last year and match Funded by Lewisham Council Include
Information for Lewisham community projects.
The Esme Fairbairn Foundation pledged funding to the first project on the Lewisham Hive last week.
Lewisham is one of 3 areas that have access to their funding pot of £165,000 and Esme Fairbairn Foundation will make pledges from £250 – £15,000 to projects that have community support from October 2016 (until the funding pot has been allocated).
Who can add a project?
Individuals, community groups, schools, companies, charities & not for profit organisations, as long as the project idea is eligible. FAQ on eligibility
What type of projects are Esme Fairbairn adding funds to?
· Projects of community benefit of any theme (e.g. arts, environment) that have genuine community support via pledges and likes on Spacehive (social media interest is also taken into account.)
· They don’t want to fund one off events.
· Projects in shared spaces, which can be owned and managed either privately or publicly, but for the purpose of the project must be open and accessible to the community.
Outcomes would include: New friendships, more vibrant places for people to meet and live, a greater sense of pride of the local community, more connections between people, people feel less isolated and lonely, people feel safer and more supported, people feel their voices are being heard
How do you upload your project?
· The average crowdfunding campaign lasts for 3 months.
· PLEASE NOTE: If you already have funds gathered for theproject you want to submit, speak to Spacehive about this (via their email) and when you upload the project these funds will not incur a charge but can be listed against funds raised.
· Please note your project isn’t properly uploaded until you press the ‘Get Verified’ button.
Your project will be verified by Spacehives partners ‘Locality’ and after verification you will be able to start fundraising towards your target, gaining support from interested parties, the local community and those that would benefit from the project.
After you have gained support Esme Fairburn Foundation will be assessing which Lewisham projects to donate to. This fund opened on the 28/09/2016 and has no fixed finish date but will cease when all funds are allocated. We would advise if there is a project you think fits into the eligibility and you are interested in creating a crowdfunding project that you upload the project by the 13th of December 2016. Good Luck!