Free swimming for the over 60s will continue at pools in Lewisham.
Because of ongoing government cuts, Lewisham Council can no longer afford to subsidise free swimming for children under 16s. That scheme ended on 30 September 2016.
How to qualify: You can swim for free if you are a resident, hold a valid library card and:
- you are aged over 60
- have a disability and are receiving disability benefits
- Have registered for the Be Active scheme at your local library.
How does free swim work?
1. You can swim at any of the pools in the borough.
2. Check the timings for free swimming – Each swimming pool offers free swim sessions at different times of the day. Check timetables online, or call your local pool.
If you are a resident aged 60 or over, or you have a disability and are registered with the Be Active scheme, you can swim for free in any adult session.
3. Take your library card with you and use it to show you are eligible.
Free swimming for people aged 60 and over is currently continuing as there is a good take up. Please let your older relatives know about the scheme.
Lewisham Public Pools
|The Bridge Leisure Centre Kangley Bridge Road, SE26 5AQ
Tel: 020 8778 7158
|Downham Health and Leisure Centre 7–9 Moorside Road, BR1 5EP
Tel: 020 8461 9200
|Wavelengths Leisure Centre Giffin St, SE8 4RJ
Tel: 020 8694 9400
|Forest Hill Pools Dartmouth Road, SE23 3HZ
Tel: 020 8291 8730
|Glass Mill Leisure Centre 41 Loampit Vale, SE13 7FT
Tel: 0303 303 0111