Lewisham Central Assembly
It’s your community, come along and have your say!
Saturday 12 March 2016 12 noon-2pm Hither Green Baptist Church, Theodore Road, London SE13 6HT
The meeting is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in the Lewisham Central ward.
For more information on Local Assemblies visit www.levvisham.gov.uk/localassemblies
Meet your local councillors
|Councillor Damien Egan||020 831 4 6928 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Councillor Stella Jeffrey||020 831 4 6933 email@example.com|
|Councillor Joan Reid||020 831 4 9963 cllr joanseidgewisham.gov.uk|
Lewisham Council is committed to making this meeting accessible for everyone. Full disabled access is provided and BSL interpreters are available on request. Please let us know in advance about any special requirements. For other formats of this flyer, including Braille, large print, audio tape or computer disk, please contact Ade Joseph on 020 8314 6016, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Assembly The Assembly is a way to make your voice heard in Lewisham Central Ward. You can work with others on plans to improve your ward and meet Ward Councillors and raise issues you would like them to take up on your behalf. The Assembly meets up to four times a year and you can be part of it just by coming along.
- Latest update on the Gateway Development
- Towards a cleaner, greener nvironment
- Council Enforcement Team
This was the top priority for local residents in the feedback at our last Assembly. How can residents bring about improvements to the area?
- Refuse and bins. New collection arrangements are in the pipeline.
- Have we any solutions to offer to help people dispose of unwanted material?
- Does everyone know about the Fix My Street smart phone app?
- Can you lead a clean-up day for your street or block?
- How do we engage the developers and street traders and the Council to make Lewisham an attractive place to shop and visit?
- How do we encourage new businesses-to the area?
- How do we preserve the heritage features such as the Ladywell Playtower and blend them with the new?
- How do we welcome all the people who will be living in the new developments so that they too come to love Lewisham?
Where are the Street Hotspots
- What are the hotspots in your area for flytipping, litter, dog fouling and antisocial behaviour?
- How about places in need of beautifying and developing?
- We know that many of you would like to see more trees and flowers brightening our streets, but we need your input. New trees require nurturing, would you be willing to ‘adopt’ one?
- Do you know of a neglected spot where we could plant seeds or bulbs?
- Would you be able to encourage your neighbours to enter your street in a Lovely Lewisham competition?
The Assembly pivides a good chance to raise other issues that matters to you. Contact Ade Joseph, Lewisham Central Assembly Coordinator if you cannot attend the meeting but would like to give your views.
Ade Joseph, Lewisham Central Assembly Coordinator
Tel: 020 8314 6026