Happy New Year All!
Following our theme for this month, on Breakfasts, here is the second of the drinks I recommend for starting the day, in a cleansing way.
Not simply for summer, seasonal juices can help to boost the immune system, balance energy and support skin healing by stimulating the lymphatic system. Rich in many phytonutrients, as well as vitamins & minerals, to assist cleansing and cell repair. Ideal post-drinking alcohol or for a hangover remedy!
Root Juice Recipe
Piece of root Ginger (peeled) eg a thumb-nail piece per serving.
- Beetroot (supports Liver health)
- Fresh lemon juice includes alkaline properties to support HCl levels in the stomach for adequate digestion.
- Celery contains 20% sodium; a natural salt replacement which also strengthens our bones.
- Spinach will turn the juice green (or a murky-brown colour) but don’t be put off! It has excellent cleaning properties and is a rich source of Magnesium (for energy) and Calcium (for bone health).
- Wash and prepare the fruit and veg; remove any blemishes.
- Juice through a juicer, alternating between ingredients if necessary for good processing.
- Stir well and serve.
Theresa Webb BA.DipNT. is a qualified, experienced local Naturopathic Nutritionist with a clinic space held at Blackheath and Holborn (+ she offers home visits).
For a FREE 15 min consult on any of health-related issues contained in this article, please contact Theresa through our website www.kitchenbuddy.eu
Follow her popular blog www.theresawebb.wordpress.com