DIY solar charger workshops
Build your own low-cost solar PV charger & take it home
November weekend day workshops
Learn to create your own folding, portable solar charger from re-used materials able to power phones, USB devices & more.
Great value for money – and all profits reinvested into our social objectives.
Demand Energy Equality is a not-for-profit dedicated to increasing energy literacy, reducing energy demand and working with others to ensure equality of energy access.Please help us spread the word by listing us on your platform, or publicising us through your networks.
- No prior knowledge required
- Take your panel home at the end of the day
- All materials provided
- Small groups hosted in our Lewisham workshop
- 5 min walk from Lewisham Station
- 95% of public workshop attendees rated our course as‘excellent’ or ‘very good’
You will learn all you need to know to build a small or large solar panel for a fraction of the cost of buying one:
- The electrical basics: current, voltage, resistance, power, series and parallel circuits.
- How to build DIY solar PV panels.
- How to test and understand your panel.
- Information about the energy dilemma in the UK and possible future solutions.
You will build a 20W charger, great for charging phones and USB devices on the go.
We can also provide further information and guides on consolidating your learning and how to tailor DIY solar to your needs.
For more information on course content, click here.
All courses run from 9.30am – 5.00pm
To book your place – click here.
£125 whole course, including taking home the solar panel you build on the day.
Concessions available – please enquire.
Booking is essential as some of our courses will be fully booked weeks in advance.
More dates available in 2014.