I want to pledge to projects that make London’s high streets even better places to visit, live in and do business. This hive brings together great projects from across our city which are seeking funding. I will pledge up to £20,000 directly to the best projects, like other crowdfunders, so add your project idea today!
Request a pledge
The Mayor will be pledging to projects that are crowdfunding on Spacehive. If you want to get a pledge from The Mayor, you will need to complete the following steps.
1. Create your project.This is your pitch for funding to us and the rest of the crowd – so be clear and passionate about your idea! Be sure to tell us why your idea supports your local high street.
2. Start your fundraising campaign. Note: before you can start fundraising Spacehive will verify your project details (please allow up to two weeks for this process – you must have completed this process before the 29th June deadline).
3. Get pledges! Get as many people as possible to pledge their support to your project. It doesn’t matter whether people pledge £2 or £20,000, we want to see the range of support for your idea.
Note: the Mayor will only fund up to 75% of your total project value, so you’ll need to raise the remainder from the rest of the “crowd” – people, businesses, public funders and so on.
4. Supporting documents: We need you to fill out a simple form with a bit of extra information about you and your project.
Please check back here after 1st June to download the form. Once complete, email this email@example.com with your project title in the subject field of the email.
If your request for a pledge is successful, you will also need to sign our terms and conditions, which will be provided in due course.
1. The deadline for requesting a pledge is Monday 29th June 2015 (Midday)
We must have received your supporting information form by this time and your project must be crowdfunding with as many pledges possible.
Please be aware that the Spacehive verification process can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the complexity of your project) so please allow plenty of time to get verified, get fundraising, and attract lots of pledges.
2. If your request is successful we will pledge directly to your project on Spacehive between mid-July and Friday 21st August. Please make sure you set an end date for your fundraising campaign that is after this date!
3. You should aim to deliver your project by March 2016.