We’ve been helping one of the local Cub Scout troops with their Naturalist Badge! And it’s been a blast watching the enthusiastic children learning new skills, appreciating nature and having the most enormous fun outdoors!
It’s been a busy month:
- They’ve built bat boxes
- Made wild bird feeders & bird cakes.
- A river dipping & species ID session
- A river walk
- Bulb planting at multiple sites in Hither Green: (in Manor Park & playground, Hither Green Lane, St Swithun’s Church & Springbank Community garden).
- Including the Beavers Scouts, the entire troop have planted 500 bulbs.
– To the Beavers and Cubs- they are a lovely group and a real pleasure to work with.
– To their excellent leaders who give up evenings and weekends to work with our young people.
– Thanks to the Glendale Education Officer for a wonderful session, so very smiley and patient!
And thank you to everyone who came up and thanked the children- it made a real difference to them. They were proud to have been noticed.
All in all, a good fun project!
Thanks to the Scout Leaders for the photos. Publication permission given.